So what can I do with OnLive?
- 2 USB ports (allowing you to wire up the gamepad if you prefer - although it’s bluetooth so there’s no real reason - or to plug in a mouse and/or keyboard)
- HDMI out (yes, with full 1080p support)
- a digital audio out (with 5.1 surround supported)
- an ethernet port
Why you should consider OnLive
- Free membership (no subscription unless you fancy additional package deals)
- Free to play most games 30 minutes a day
- No need for top of the range graphics and sound card
- No hard drive required
- Multi-platform (including when playing multiplayer online)
- Amazing gamepad that works both with the console and the PC
- The ability to save video clips
- The ability to watch others play games and view trailers for games
- The ability to play multiplayer games
- Console is relatively cheap, very lightweight, and simple to use
- Wireless if required (via bridge)
- HDMI (1080p) support
- 5.1 surround sound support
- A vast amount of well-known games
- The comfort of knowing the hardware and game library will be continually updated automatically
- The ability to customise controls (if using a keyboard)
- Can modify settings to help improve your viewing experience.
- Plus realisation that you are playing with brand new emerging technology.